Why Apple is the Most Important Food You Can Eat! One of the most beneficial things about being human is the ability to eat foods that are good for us. From nuts to fruits, grains to legumes, and vegetables to seafood, there are so many beneficial properties to eating foods in their natural state. What’s even more beneficial is the fact that, in our fast-paced world, there is more that can be done to adopt a more natural lifestyle.
That’s where Apple comes in. The company is widely acknowledged for its commitment to creating quality products that are easy to use, safe to consume, and good for the environment. These attributes are even more evident when you consider that the company is also working to help people everywhere gain a better understanding of the impact they are having on the planet by eating natural foods.
So, in honor of the company’s International Day of Sustainability earlier this month, we wanted to take a look at the five ways that Apple is the most important food you can eat.
Health benefits of eating apples
There are a lot of health benefits that come with eating apples. And, luckily for us, there are a lot of health benefits that come with eating apples in their natural state too!
First, let’s look at the nutritional benefits of eating apples.
Nutritional benefits of eating apples:
– Excellent source of vitamins A, B2, B3, and C
– Excellent source of minerals such as iron, zinc, manganese, and selenium
– Excellent source of dietary fiber
It- Good for your digestive system
– Good for your liver and gallbladder
– Good for your heart
– Preventative for many types of cancers
– Improves your memory
– Supports healthy skin, hair, and nails
– Protects your eyes from developing age-related macular degeneration ( Stargardt’s disease)
– Also known as a “healthy berry”
– Rich in anthocyanin, vitamin B-vitamins are responsible for keeping our eyes and other organs healthy
– Excellent source of manganese
– Good for your liver and heart
– Fights inflammation
– Protects your skin from UV rays
Drying out steamy weather
A lot of people worry about the drying effects of a high-fat diet, but as we’ve seen with the oil and butter craze of the mid-20th century, that’s not a major consideration. A high-fat diet is actually one of the most effective ways to keep your body hydrated.
Keep in mind that one of the main benefits of eating apples is their ability to help regulate your water and electrolyte balance. This, in turn, helps prevent muscle and nerve pain, muscle cramps, and even kidney stones.
Fats and oils in apples
In addition to being a good source of vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber, an apple has a lot going for it when it comes to healthy Fats and Oils.
The fats in apples are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. For example, the monounsaturated fat in an apple can help lower cholesterol and protect your heart.
The polyunsaturated fat in apples can help protect your skin from aging and keep your tumors (including those of your liver and kidney) in check.
Custards and applesauce
Custards and applesauce are the ultimate in comfort food. And for good reason. They are rich in natural sugars and create a perfect environment for your body’s natural sweet receptors to function at their best.
An apple a day keeps a doctor’s (and your body’s) hunger away. But, to get the full Custard and Apple Sausage and Apple Strudel experience, you’ll want to taco up the recipe with some of the following:
-6-ounce can of purchased cinnamon applesauce
-1 tablespoon brown sugar
-1 tablespoon butter
-1/4 cup water
-1/4 cup milk
-1/4 tablespoon baking powder
-Pinch of salt
-2-3 tablespoons white sugar
Fresh fruit is the most important food you can eat
We get it. You’re busy. We understand that you have commitments and obligations that take up a lot of your time. So, you don’t have the luxury of having time to sit down for an hour-and-a-half meal. But, that shouldn’t stop you from taking advantage of the fact that fresh fruit is the most important food you can eat.
Fresh fruit is packed with so many benefits. It is a good source of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and healthy fats. It is also a good source of vitamin C, which is excellent for healing skin diseases, and scurvy, and for preventing and treating infections.
– The fiber in fresh fruit helps your digestive system stay regular and regular bowel movements keep you regular.
– The vitamin C in fresh fruit helps your immune system stay strong and your collagen, elastin, and tropolone-infused skin keeps you looking youthful.
– The dietary fiber in fresh fruit helps with regularity and elimination.
– The natural sugars from fresh fruit make your body feel full and energized.
The Bottom Line: If you’re looking for ways to incorporate more natural foods into your diet, Apple is a great place to start. The company has done so much for the environment in the past century that it’s hard to know where to start. Start by choosing more apples over berries and fewer potato chips over milk and sugar.