Right now, there’s a lot of buzz surrounding the magical properties of apples. From the amazing antioxidant properties of red apples to the fat-burning benefits of green apples, there’s something about apples that makes them one of the most popular fruits.
But if you think that’s just a bunch of hype, you’re probably wondering what exactly makes apples so special. After all, it’s not like they’re the only fruit that contains beneficial antioxidants and nutrients. In this article, we’ll list all the amazing skin benefits that you can expect from eating apples.
From hydrating your skin and eliminating blemishes to preventing age spots and softening skin, these benefits of eating apples will make you want to stock up on the fruit ASAP.
What Are The Skin Benefits of Eating Applies?
Let’s get to the skin benefits of eating apples first.
These include –
– Apples have a high Vitamin C content. The Vitamin C in apples is one of the main reasons why they’re so beneficial for skin. According to experts, a diet that’s rich in vitamin C can help promote better skin condition, improve the look of skin, prevent wrinkles, and reduce skin aging.
– Apples are also rich in minerals. The minerals present in apples are mostly potassium, manganese, and copper. These minerals are great for skin health and help keep your skin hydrated, supple, and smooth.
– Apples contain antioxidants. Antioxidants in apples provide your skin with protection against damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that can damage your skin cells and cause skin aging and damage.
– Apples are high in dietary fiber, which is another great benefit for the skin. Dietary fiber is a type of carbohydrate that your body doesn’t utilize, but rather passes through. This helps prevent the growth of bacteria and toxins in the body, which is why it’s so beneficial for the skin.
– Apples have mild laxative properties, which means they help in the process of “detoxifying” your body.
– Apples are rich in phenols, which are antioxidants that promote better skin condition and prevent age spots and wrinkles.
– Apples contain pectin, which is a type of fiber that helps with the process of “maintaining” your skin.
– Last but not least, apples are low in calories, which makes them an ideal fruit for people who want to eat for the skin but not gain weight.
How to Enjoy Apples for Skin Benefits?
Let’s discuss how to enjoy the benefits of apples for the skin. First, select the right apple variety for your skin type. If you have dry skin, go for an apples that are high in vitamin C. If you have oily skin, go for an apples that have a high fiber content. If you have acne-prone skin, select apples that are rich in antioxidants.
Next up, wash your face with an anti-aged face wash before consuming apples. You can also add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to the face wash for a more effective result. Now, eat apples before going to bed. Experts recommend consuming apples on an empty stomach because they contain pectin. This helps in the process of “clearing” your stomach, which can prevent bloating and gas.
Helps In The Process of Melting Away Fat
Did you know that apples are one of the best fruits for reducing fat in the body? We know how hard it can be for some people to control their eating habits and lose fat, but eating apples can help you out! The fruit contains a compound that helps in the process of “melting away fat” – glucose. The glucose present in apples helps in the process of “burning” the fat present in your body.
Keeps Your Skin Hydrated
Consuming apples on a regular basis can help keep your skin hydrated. The fruit contains a compound called malic acid, which helps in the process of “promoting” hydration in the skin. The skin’s outer layer is called the “epidermis”, and without this layer being hydrated, it can become dry and rough. Eating apples on a regular basis can help promote the “production” of this layer, keeping your skin looking young and supple.
Promotes balanced & Good Skin flora
Eating apples on a regular basis can help promote “balance” in your gut flora. The good news is that this can happen both for your digestive system and skin! To promote this “balance”, you can eat apples before bed. This will make your gut bacteria relax, and you can consume a healthy meal before going to bed. Eating this way will let the bacteria in your gut “die out” in the process of “starvation”, which can promote “balance”.
Eating apples regularly can also help promote the growth of “good” bacteria in your skin. The good news is that the fruit contains a compound called “allicin” that helps in the process of “stimulating” the growth of these bacteria.
Protects Against UV rays
Outside factors are responsible for the aging of your skin, but they can be prevented with the help of fruits like apples. Eating apples regularly can help protect your skin against UV rays. The fruit contains a compound called “anthocyanin” that not only prevents damage but also promotes the production of collagen in the skin. Collagen is a protein that helps maintain the “health” and “impermeability” of your skin, protecting it from damage.
If you want to eat for your skin but not get wrinkles, you need to consume apples regularly. Apart from the preventive benefits, apples can also help in the treatment of wrinkles. The fruit contains a compound called “xanthin” that promotes “healing” of damaged skin cells and helps in the process of “healing”.
Softens and Smoothens the Skin
Eating apples regularly can also help soften and smooth your skin. The fruit contains a compound called “pectin” that promotes the “formation” of this layer in your skin. The skin’s “external membrane” is known as the “dermis” and this layer is what gets “damaged” when you get exposed to harsh and harmful elements.
Eating apples on a regular basis can help promote the growth of new cells in the dermis layer and “protect” your skin from harm. Adding a few drops of apple cider vinegar on your salad will not only help you consume the benefits of apples, but can also help you get rid of the side effects of eating too many raw fruits like rashes, bloating, and stomach cramps.
The benefits of apples are endless, and they’re perfect for any skin type. With so many benefits and such a tasty fruit, it’s no wonder why they’re a popular pick-me-up snack! Luckily you can get all of these benefits by eating apples every single day. From keeping your skin hydrated and blemish-free to softening and smoothing your skin, these are the benefits of apples that will make you want to start eating them now!