Did you know that you can use apples in many ways other than making them into a delicious dessert? Aside from making them into some of the most delicious and nutritious desserts, they can also be used in some other ways. These include using them in different kinds of foods and beverages. In this blog post, we will be sharing with you some amazing apple cider uses. From natural cures to household cleaners, there are a lot of ways to utilize apple cider. Do you know that apple cider is beneficial for your skin? If you want to know more about these uses, keep reading.
Natural Codes for Acne
Acne is a common skin condition that affects almost every teenager and adult. Most of the products that are used for reducing acne only contain chemicals that have side effects. Instead of dealing with this condition, make use of apple cider to get rid of this problem naturally. Here are some of the things you can do:
– Drink 2-3 glasses of apple cider daily.
– Add 2-3 tablespoons of raw honey to it.
– Take a bath after drinking honey water.
– Stay away from wearing makeup when you’re taking this bath.
– Change your diet and eat more whole fruits.
– Avoid using harsh chemicals on your face as they will only make your acne worse.
– Remove stress from your life – this is one of the best ways to reduce acne.
Make Your Own Dish Soap
Did you know that there are homemade dish soaps that are cheap and effective? These homemade soaps are natural, which means that they don’t contain any chemicals that will leave your dishes stained and dirty. All you have to do is add some essential oils such as rosemary, thyme, and lemon, which are all known for their anti-microbial properties. Here are some other ingredients you can get for this soap:
– 2 cups of baking soda – You can replace this with cornstarch if you don’t have baking soda.
– 2 Cups of Kosher Salt
– 1 Cup of Castile Soap
– 5-10 Cloves
– 5-10 Cinnamon Sticks
– 5-10 Allspice Berries
– 5-10 Thyme
Condition Your Hair
The moment you step out of the shower, your hair is already dry, right? Well, even if your hair is still wet, you can add apple cider to your conditioner and make your hair more manageable. All you have to do is add 1-2 cups of apple cider and 5-10 drops of essential oils such as rosemary and thyme to your conditioner and use it on your hair. These oils will add shine and elasticity to your hair, making it more manageable and easier to style.
Enhance Your Skin Care
As we mentioned above, apple cider can be used as a skin toner. It will help you remove dead cells and impurities from the skin so that your skin can be clear and healthy. Here are some of the recipes you can try:
– Tonic: Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 2-3 sprigs of mint, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply this toner to your face and neck. Leave it on overnight and then wash it off with a shower.
– Mask: Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Add some peeled garlic and banana slices to it and mix everything well. Then, store it in a container and use it as a mask overnight.
– Salve: Take 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of raw honey, and 5 drops of rosemary. Mix them well and you are good to go. Apply this salve on your elbows and knees to get rid of dry skin.
– Foaming Bath: Add 1 cup of white vinegar to 2 gallons of water. Take a bath with this solution and enjoy the soft skin that this will leave on your body.
Keep Bugs Away
Did you know that apple cider can also be used for keeping bugs away? All you have to do is combine 1 cup of apple cider with 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper and use it as a spray in your garden area. This will keep any kind of insects away from your plants and flowers, keeping them healthy and happy. This will not only keep the mosquitoes away, but also the bees, flies, and other insects that are harmful to plants.
Use in your Garden
Who would’ve thought that apple cider can also be used in your garden? You can mix one part vinegar and one part water and use it to kill the weeds. This will leave your soil bacteria-rich and ready to receive new plants. Not only that, but this will also help your tomatoes and other crops get bigger, and faster.
Other Amazing Uses
Apart from the things we’ve listed above, there are a lot of other things that you can do with apple cider. Here are some of them:
– Make a natural disinfectant: Add 1 tablespoon of dish soap and 5 drops of peppermint oil to it. Spray this on your counters, sink, and stove.
– Make a natural scrub: Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add 5-10 drops of peppermint oil to it. Apply this scrub to your face and leave it on for a while. Wash it off with a shower.
– De-glaze your pots: Pour 1 cup of apple cider into a pot and boil it. Then, place a lid on it and let it sit for a while. Once it’s cooled down, remove the lid and your pot will be sparkling clean.
– Clean your shower: Take a bowl filled with 1 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of water. Spray this solution on your shower walls and tiles. Let it sit for a while, and then wash it off with a sponge.
– Get rid of algae: Take 2-3 cups of apple cider and add a few drops of citric acid to it. Now, spray this solution on your pond or any other body of water. Let it sit for a while, and then use a hose to get rid of the algae.
Apple cider can be used in a lot of ways. Aside from the delicious treats, you can also use them as a toner, dish soap, and a natural disinfectant. You can also use it to make your skin soft, clean your shower, and remove the algae from your pond. These are just a few of the many ways you can use it. If you want to know more about these amazing uses, keep reading!